Monday

07.12.10


Back from a wonderfully relaxing weekend, hope everyone else had one as well! A couple of weeks ago I won an old Pentax K1000 on eBay for $10.00. The previous owner said it had not been used in at least 10 years so I was a bit skeptical about it, but figured it was worth a shot. The first time I tried it I wasted an entire roll of film because I didn't realize the light meter needed a new battery. So I fixed that and took a few pictures around the house (hence the random egg pictures) to test it out. I'm impressed with the results! This camera is almost 40 years older than my Nikon and the clarity of the photos are about the same. Shooting with film is much more challenging than digital, and its always a surprise to see how the pictures turn out. I'm excited to see what else I can do with this little camera! Now if I could only set up my own little dark room and develop my own film...I'll let you know how that works out haha. Happy Monday! SIDE NOTE: SORRY FOR THE NOT SO GREAT SCANNING JOB, I REALLY HATE DEALING WITH THOSE THINGS.

2 comments:

  1. They look GREAT sis! Especially the dog pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you:) This is so out of character of him huh? He's usually bouncing around everywhere. I can't wait to take some more, but developing film is so expensive!

    ReplyDelete