Thursday

04.28.11

My heart is so heavy today knowing that there are so many in our area here in North Georgia that have lost loved ones and homes. The town of Ringgold, Georgia where I work was completely demolished by a tornado last night. My home was not touched by the storms, but I know of so many that are without electricity, water and their belongings. The American Red Cross is taking donations and I am going to volunteer as soon as they start accepting volunteers for the area. Please be safe out there! Life is so fragile and can be taken in the blink of an eye.

2 comments:

  1. Amen sister! Scary stuff for sure. Glad to hear you are ok. Less than two weeks ago, I saw some of the devastation from tornadoes here in NC. Everyone we know was ok and did not have any damage beyond lots of broken branches to clean up. One friend had the tornado go right over her house, she was so lucky to not have more than limbs. Our house was missed by a 1/2 mile. What a great idea to volunteer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's so good that you're going to volunteer, Erin. I am going to try to donate a few things tomorrow. My thoughts and prayers are with those poor people, our people!!

    ReplyDelete